The Dark Side
Episode #67 September. 11, 2021 47m 19s Download
Joe and Rob talk about things that should never have been, scientific experiments and ideas that were evil or just egregiously wrong. They use four examples: The Tuskegee long-term syphilis experiments, lobotomy, electroshock therapy, and Nazi science (and how much of US technology is based upon it today). This might be a tough listen, but education is sometimes sobering.
Highlights and Show Notes
- Tuskegee experiment
- Ernest Hemmingway
- Operation Paperclip
- Operation Paperclip: the secret intelligence program that brought NAZI scientists to America by Annie Jacobsen
- Kurt Heinrich Debus, first director of NASA and an ardent SS member during the war
- Wernher von Braun worked at Peenemünde, where they built the V2 rocket - - -
- Photosynthesis: Improbable to the Max
- Become an Equinox Plus member on Patreon!
- Follow @PodcastEquinox on Twitter
- Write us an email: podcastequinox-at-gmail-dot-com
- Watch Biblical Genetics on YouTube
- Listen to Joseph’s HiFi podcast