How to Grow Coral
Episode #42 January. 27, 2021 1h 2m 13s Download
In this episode: Dr. Rob Carter and Joseph Darnell
Dr. Rob Carter has a huge appreciation for aquatic life, and it comes as a shock to us that we haven’t heard him talk about corals! This week, we discuss everything that one will find fascinating about these simple creatures. And Rob lays out a plan to setup and grow new corals of his own.
Highlights and Show Notes
- Rob with his coral aquarium of yesteryear
Rob’s former life as a coral aquaculturist
- Water chemistry on the reef vs at home
- Light, flow
- Fragging corals
- Can you get them to have babies in captivity?
- What’s the difference between corral and sponges?
- Coral colors
- Setting up a home corral aquarium