The Modern Art Seal of Approval
Episode #7 March. 4, 2015 36m 12s Download
In this episode: Joseph Darnell and Eric Rauch
This week, Eric and Joe discuss the Chemex coffeemaker. The device has been with us since 1941, yet there’s still much to experience and enjoy about this artisinal coffee tool.
Highlights and Show Notes
Why would you use a hands-on craft coffeemaker? Because they’re awesome! The Chemex is a classic: a great starting point for drip coffeemaker fans to take it up a notch. It takes ‘drip’ and makes it ‘craft’ with just a little effort. Eric and Joe introduce and share tips for using this hour-glass-like pristine coffee flask.
Thrasher Coffee: Freshly roasted small-batch coffee beans shipped to your door. Top Brew listeners get 10% off with coupon code TOPBREW at checkout.
Show Notes & Links
- Joe’s Chemex is the 6-cup Classic model
- The glass-handled 6-cup Chemex model
- Chemex’s large paper filters
- The Hario V60 pour-over coffeemaker
- A popular single-serve Chemex recipe (video)
- Another popular Chemex recipe (video)
- ‘3 things you can do with leftover coffee,’ by Eric
- A glass Chemex lid
- The Chemex brand water kettle
- Chemex’s Ottomatic drip coffee maker
- A compatible stainless steel cone coffee filter
- The Huffington Post Chemex review
Leave Your Feedback on iTunes
If you’re enjoying our show, please visit the show on iTunes and leave us your honest star rating, written comments, or both. It helps people discover our show and grow an audience. Your feedback is always welcome!