‘It Was a Keurig Hit and Run’
Episode #5 February. 11, 2015 31m 33s Download
In this episode: Joseph Darnell and Eric Rauch
Eric Rauch went to Coffee Fest Atlanta and lived to tell the tale. Joe and Eric discuss ‘Keurig snobbery,’ the future of coffee roasting, and Eric’s experience with coffee over the years.
Highlights and Show Notes
Eric and Joe discuss Eric’s trip to Coffee Fest in Atlanta last weekend. Along the way, a wide array of other coffee enthusiast subjects are raised, like decaf versus regular, Sanka, Seattle’s Best, and coffee roaster culture. The guys end on a ‘finishing note’ discussing Keurig coffee-makers, Green Mountain Coffee, and the present problems K-cups face in the market.
Thrasher Coffee: The best small-batch coffee beans shipped to your door. Top Brew listeners get 10% off with coupon code TOPBREW at checkout.
Show Notes & Links
- Say hi to Eric Rauch on Facebook
- Say hi to Joe Darnell on Twitter
- Coffee Fest Tradeshow for Specialty Coffee
- Sanka Decaf Coffee, a product of Maxwell House
- Seattle’s Best Coffee
- If you’re concerned about caffeine for your health…
- What is craft beer?
- Jordan Cooper Interviews Joe on Tech Douchebags’ podcast
- Top Brew’s interview of Ben Kayser, The Practical Enthusiast
- What is shade-grown coffee?
- What is bird friendly coffee?
- Film Parody Pokes at Environmental Absurdity of K-Cups
- Reusable K-cup Filter (on Amazon)
- Keurig’s attempt to DRM their K-cups has backfired
- Keurig Green Mountain Coffee (formerly Green Mountain Coffee Roasters)
- Top Brew’s ‘Links of Note’ article from February 6th
- Folger’s Coffee (yuck!)
- @TopBrewFM on Twitter
Sponsor the podcast
If you enjoy the show, keep our burr grinder running behind-the-scenes. Become a sponsor, so that people will hear about your brand, products, and services in an ad read on the podcast. E-mail Joe »